Thursday, January 22, 2009

McGwire

Ok I'm not a baseball fanatic.  I think the regular season is too long, but the rest of the game is pretty darn good.  Cut off about 6 teams and I could really appreciate it.  Anyway, Mark McGwire.  Purists argue no way does he get the nod for the hall of fame.  It bothers me, because he brought the game back.  I don't care about the home run records.  And to be fair Babe Ruth didn't play against any black people or players south of florida.  So I give him the nod due to his impact on bringing baseball back.  If Sosa makes it in, because he "couldn't" speak english at the hearings I think I may be done giving a shit about the hall.  McGwire made baseball relevant, so baseball should reward him drugs or no drugs.   

1 comment:

Dick Gerber said...

Let's not forget that not once did he ever break a rule in major league baseball. That's some ex post facto bullshit if you ask me. Founders say hey-o!