Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Traffic Patterns

At the penultimate intersection of my morning commute, there are two right-hand turn lanes. This is necessary because only half a block after that right hand turn, most cars will make a left into one of the busier parking garages in the downtown area; it's a refreshingly logic traffic pattern, relaly. Since that is the garage that I use every morning, I make my right turn from the left right-turn lane, so that I am in position to turn into the garage. It appears many people don't understand this.

If I felt that people were simply trying to take advantage of the much shorter right right-turn lane line and thought they could easily cut into the approaching left turn lane, that would be one thing. But I honestly think people just don't understand how it's supposed to work. The looks on the offending drivers' faces is not that of either determination or selfish indifference, but confusion and abject terror.

What's worse - - in the past few days, I've been cut off like usual, but then I've done reasonable well to take a breath and put that person out of my mind once they pulled out of sight, only to end up on the stairwell or in the elevator with them. I am a little worried about my impending sarcastic comments if this pattern keeps up.

No comments: