Friday, January 16, 2009

Hail to the Chief, he's the Chief and he needs hailing...

I didn't watch President Bush's speech last night, Dick Gerber the striker was too busy taking an MLS team into the Championship in FIFA '09. But I did read it this morning.

I don't really want to talk about the speech. I'm sick of it all, and it's far too early in the morning for partisanship - - but something needs to be said about this line:

You may not agree with some tough decisions I have made. But I hope you can agree that I was willing to make the tough decisions.

This is fantastic! Let's paraphrase: I may have messed up when I did things, but I definitely didn't stop doing things. I wish this logic worked for me in my life.

Principal: Mr. Gerber every single one of your students failed!
Me: Why yes, yes they did. But you can't say I wasn't willing to have kids fail.

Girlfriend: Dick, you can't get your dick up.
Me: Well would you look at that! You're right! But you can't say I wasn't willing to lie here flaccid.

Stranger: Excuse me sir, did you just kick that homeless woman?
Me: You got me! But you can't say that I wasn't willing to kick the homeless for the betterment of the American people.

2 comments:

Gimpy von Hogaknocker said...

So for how long have you wanted to use Dick and dick together in the same sentence?

Dick Gerber said...

I have been trying oh so hard to work that one in. I'm not even sure it was appropriate in this instance, but it had to be done by now. Too much time has elapsed.