Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Competition for my first $200k

For a while now I’ve been pretty adamant that as soon as I had a free two hundred thousand dollars I would send it all to Richard Branson for a ticket on his Virgin Galactic spaceship. I’ve been almost as certain that my next 200k would go the same way; if I go to space once, I’m pretty certain I would like to go back. This plan was pretty much unshakable, until yesterday I read this article.

Yeah, that’s a flying car. And yeah, it is that cool. Alright, so it doesn’t hover or anything like that, but still, it’s a car, until you flip a switch and some wings come down, making it an airplane.

I don’t know how much space it needs to take off or land, and it’s not legal to do that on roads, but I don’t care. If I had a flying car, I would figure something out, there’s no doubt in my mind.

There is so much that you could do if you owned a flying car. I suppose to some avoiding traffic would be a nice benefit, but that’s not thinking big enough. If I had a flying car I would want to drive and fly across Siberia. I don’t really know why, it actually is probably a terrible idea, but it just seems like something I would have to do if I owned a flying car. It’d be a pretty impressive accomplishment, I suppose. And seriously, I would have a flying car, so why not?

So this thing isn’t for sale yet, and I don’t have $200k, and I may still choose to go to space instead, but this is still pretty sweet.

1 comment:

Dick Gerber said...

You would hate me if I owned that car. I would force myself, literally every time I started the car to shout out: "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads..."